The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), system builders, and corporate IT professionals deploy Windows onto new hardware.
The Windows AIK is a new set of deployment tools supporting the latest release of Windows. This guide describes the current methods, tools, and requirements for deploying Windows. This documentation update includes revised content that addresses known help issues, workarounds, and other changes.
These files replace the release-to-manufacturing (RTM) .chm files.
To download the Windows AIK documentation update:
1. Start the download by clicking the Download button on this page.
2. Click Save to save the .zip file to your computer.
3. Open the .zip file and drag the .chm and .rtf files to a folder on your computer.
4. Open the .chm file or .rtf file.
To install the Windows AIK documentation update:
1. Back up your existing Windows AIK RTM documentation files. For example, move the files out of the installed documentation directory (by default, C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\docs\CHMs.)
2. Copy the .chm documentation files included in this release to the installation directory of the Windows AIK RTM documentation versions. For example, copy waik.chm, unattend.chm, winpe.chm, and Helpmap.dat to the C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\docs\CHMs directory.
If you experience problems opening the .chm file, use the following workaround.
1. Right-click the .chm file, and then click Properties.
2. Click Unblock.
3. Double-click the .chm file to open the file.
Download:Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) User's Guide for Windows Vista